2 teaspoons white chia seeds
1 1/2 cups plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
100g original Nuttelex spread
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon treacle
Como se hace la
- Step 1Place chia seeds and 1 1/2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Stand, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Step 2Sift flour and spices into a large bowl. Add spread. Using your fingertips, rub spread into flour until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add sugar, treacle and chia mixture. Stir until mixture just starts to 100 super food ideas DECEMBER 2018 What would Christmas be without gingerbread? Our version uses no egg or dairy, so whether you’re making biscuits or a house, everyone can join in on the festivities GINGERBREAD come together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Shape into 2 discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease 2 large baking trays. Line with baking paper. Roll 1 dough disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 6.5cm gingerbread man and 6.5cm Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut shapes from dough, re-rolling and cutting trimmings (see note). Place 4cm apart, on prepared trays. Using a skewer, give the gingerbread men eyes and mouths.
- Step 4Bake for 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough disc, using a 5cm gingerbread man and 5cm Christmas tree cookie cutter. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Step 5Make Egg-free Royal Icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add 3/4 teaspoon water, glucose syrup and lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 2mm plain nozzle. Using the picture as a guide, decorate trees and men with icing. Stand overnight to set. Serve.