200g dried flat rice noodles
2 x 200g pkts Thai marinated tofu
1 bunch choy sum, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
100g bean sprouts
Mint leaves, to serve
Coriander leaves, to serve
Como se hace la
- Step 1To make the pho broth, place the shallot and ginger in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins or until browned. Add cinnamon, star anise, cloves and peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add carrot, mushroom, stock and 4 cups (1L) water. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low).
- Step 2Use a slotted spoon to remove the shallot, ginger, cinnamon and star anise. Discard. Remove carrot. Slice and return to the slow cooker. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Step 3Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins to soak. Drain.
- Step 4Add the tofu, noodles and choy sum to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 10 mins or until heated through.
- Step 5Divide the noodle mixture among serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts, mint and coriander.